Tuesday 5 June 2012

My new line: Iffy Jewellery


I have started a new line, showcasing my hand-woven textiles and jewellery, my two loves!

Jewellery has always been my first love and passion, but I didn't want to have to pay for the lessons, and I found it difficult to get on a specific jewellery course for my degree, so I settled for textiles. I never used to have much patience for the whole aspect of fabric making, because I just found it really hard to fully understand, but when I specialized in woven textiles, I enjoyed the whole aspect of colour combinations and different pattern makings that were subtle but showcasing my quirky perspective.

It was when I got a work placement with Tatty Devine last year, that my passion for jewellery grew, and it has become something I knew that I could use alongside my textiles.

Even though I have been running my own eco-clothing and jewellery line for the duration of my degree, I also wanted to do something that was a little more professional and cohesive, which is why I started this new line. I will be selling yarn wrapped bangles and earrings, as well as fabric necklaces and rings, showing off my woven textiles.

They will be for sale on etsy from Friday 8th June 2012, for everyone to purchase, and will be gradually added every fortnight or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment