Wednesday 4 July 2012

Exhibition: New Designers 2012



I was so proud to have been exhibiting my final years work at the New Designers exhibition at the Business Design Centre in London.

I initially went there with the idea that I would just create some interest with the viewers as I want to carry on pursuing textiles as a business, but as time went on, I came to realize that I had fallen in love with Jewellery a lot more than Textiles now, I love the fact that you can just create art pieces with metal, kind of like, wearable art. I would love it if I could incorporate both textiles and jewellery into a uniformed and cohesive pathway.

I was so honored to meet new people as well as see what the other Universities have been up to as well- from what I can see, there is quite a lot of  fierce competition, and I came to realise that my work isn't quite commercial enough to fit in with this kind of environment, BUT I would love it if I could get myself into these kind of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment